Thursday, December 8, 2011


Most of our life is a series of images, they pass us by like towns on the highway. But sometimes a moment stuns us as it happens, and we know that this instant is more than a fleeting image. We know that this moment, every part of it, will live on forever.


The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.

--Carlos Castaneda


Music is powerful. And you know why? Because no matter how you're feeling, there's always a song out there with that one lyric that describes exactly how you're feeling. And it's amazing when you hear that lyric for the first time because it explains everything. Music is there for you when you can't find the words on your own.



The unreal is more powerful than the real because nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it. It’s only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, and fantasies that last. Stone crumbles, wood rots, people die. But, things as fragile as a thought, a dream, or a legend; they go on and on.

--Chuck Palahniuk


Challenges make life interesting, however, overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.
-Mark Twain


"Too many people get caught up in what could be instead of appreciating what isDon't fall into that trapAppreciate what you have and who you have, because the future can take it all away from you."


"I like coincidences. They make me wonder about destiny, and whether free will is an illusion or just a matter of perspective. They let me speculate on the idea of some master plan that, from time to time, we're allowed to see out of the corner of our eye." - Chuck Sigars


I love the feeling when my favorite song is on full blast in the car, driving through the country air. I like when my mom makes my favorite meal. I like traveling to nowhere, getting lost, and then the best part, being found. I like being held by someone who means a lot to me, especially when I haven't seen them in awhile. We always complain there isn't enough time. Or that these moments never come around enough. It's true that we never stop growing old, and we mature faster than we'd like. But time is the essence of life, and it brings change and surprise. I like watching the people I care for get older, change, become who they're suppose to be. Sometimes we all wish to go back, to repeat a moment, or pause it forever. But we need change, even when we don't want it. The cards are placed and time brings us closer to our destination. All the while as we travel through.. the things we love doing, the people we share our life with, that's the destiny. We're not suppose to end up anywhere, we're suppose to make the best of this journey. 



people said I've changed so much. well here's the honest truth, I grew up. I stopped letting people push me around. I learned that you can't always be happy. I accepted reality.




Find a great song, whether it's disco, or pop or punk, or whatever. just turn up your stereo as high as it goes and dance. and if you have to, keep dancing until you lose yourself, or until you find yourself again.




life isn't about keeping score. it's not about how many people call you, & it's not about who you've dated, are dating, or haven't dated at all. it isn't about who you kissed, what sport you play, or which guy or girl likes you. it's not about your shoes or your hair or the color of your skin or where you live or go to school. in fact, it's not about gradesmoneyclothes, or colleges that accept your or not. life isn't about if you have lots of friends, or if you are alone, & it's not about how accepted or unaccepted you are. life just isn't about that. but life is about who you love. & who you hurt. it's about how you feel about yourself. it's about trusthappiness, & compassion. it's about sticking up for your friends & replacing inner hate with love in a way that could never have been achieved otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment