Monday, November 7, 2011

Walk the halls like it's a runway
live your life like it's a stage. 
take chances like you know the outcome, 
act like you know what you're doing. 
love like you can't get hurt, 
laugh like you've never heard of tears. 
scream like you can't lose your voice, 
and talk like you'll never stop living
You don’t have to be perfect to belong in this place.
You don’t have to have all the answers, or always know the right thing to say.
You can climb the highest mountain, if you want.
Or quietly imagine that you might, someday.
You can take chances, or take safety nets, make miracles or make mistakes.
You don’t have to be composed at all hours to be strong here.
You don’t have to be bold or certain to be brave.
You don’t have to have all the answers here, or even know who you want to be
Have you ever thought that if one thing hadn't happened, a whole set of things never would have either? Like dominoes in time, a single event kicked off an unstoppable series of changes that gained momentum and spun out of control, and nothing was ever the same again.
Don't ever doubt that a mere second can change your life forever. 
I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe we’ll never know most of them. But even if we don’t have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. 
We can still do things.
And we can try to feel okay about them. 
“Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Louis Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Da Vinci, and Albert Einstein.” -H. Jackson Brown 
“I must learn to love the fool in me- the one who feels too much, talks too much, takes too many chances, wins sometimes and loses often, lacks self-control, loves and hates, hurts and gets hurt, promises and breaks promises, laughs and cries.” ~Theodore Isaac Rubin 
“I may still not know what I want to be when I grow up, 
but I do know that someday
I want to live in a house 
filled with my books and travel souvenirs.
And the walls that aren’t covered in bookshelves will be covered 
with photos of my family and friends. When I leave the house 
I will be going to a job I love, and I’ll return to a person I love. 
So, that’s the dream I’m working on.”
All people dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their mind wake in the morning to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous people, for they dream their dreams with open eyes, and make them come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment